Wednesday, 3 April 2019

Green Tea Icebox Cookies

After tasting Green Tea muffin at Fresh Flour Cafe, I started to miss the taste of Matcha! So, we went to the grocery store to buy the green tea powder and planned for my cookies project!

Again, I don't wanna eat too sweet so I made a small amount of cookies and reduce the sugar too! First, I mixed 50g of unsalted butter, a pinch of salt, an egg and 25g of sugar. Then, I added in 5g of green tea powder and 80g of flour. Put it into freezer for 1 hour or you can store in the fridge for a few hours before cutting them into pieces. Lastly, baked them about 15-20 minutes at 320 Fahrenheit degree to avoid the green color fading to brown.

I added some raisins into my dough for some decoration but I think it is unnecessary. The fragrance of the freshly baked cookies was so good! I can't help but to taste it while it was still hot! Yummy yummy.


store this into the freezer

ready to bake

time to eat
similar recipe with choco coated on it


When I saw how people did these, they like to put in choco chips or sugar as coating. I was wondering if the cookies were bland? But, the outcome was good, so I think it is perfect to use less sugar for making these.

No comments:

Post a Comment