Before I decided to travel Kuantan for short vacation, I was considering on Malacca, Kuala Selangor and Fraser hill. At the end, I wanna visit to Cherating again because I feel that is a very nice beach for calming your heart.
I drove from Kulai to Yong Peng by expressway and followed the local road to reach Mandurah hotel. It took about 5 hours, quite tiring but worth it. The hotel was good as it located right by the beach. Our first tourist spot was Teluk Chempedak. There were a lot of wild monkeys monkeying around and there was a sign to warn visitors to beware of them. I guessed taking photos of those monkeys became an common activities for visitors.
Next day, we went to Cherating! It was about 40 minutes drive from Mandurah hotel. There is a Turtle sanctuary nearby Cherating and I think it is a good place for people to understand more on turtles. I was surprised with the campsite facility that provided inside the sanctuary, maybe it will be good for those who wanna see turtle to lay eggs on beach.
Cherating is still charming as before. It has it's own unique charm that I couldn't express in writing. I love to see those tiny crabs crawling around the beach and finding hermit crabs. The view of the seaside looks good during sunset, we missed this because we normally were busy finding food at that period.
The natural batik village is nice for visitors to calm their mood by coloring the batik design. It cost only Rm10 for a piece of batik cloth and it was really fun! They would asked if you would like to make your coloured piece into shirt, bag ir hankerchief. Of course, prices would be different and you could collect your product on the next day. In addition, there are many batik products are sold in the village. We were lucky that entered at the lunch hour so we could avoid crowded of tourist came by travel bus.
How could we miss Keropok Lekor while we were in Kuantan? Hahaha! It is a must-try food. There are fried and steamed type. Well, I still prefer the fried one, price is Rm1 for 2 pieces. You should buy salted fish if you like it. They produce a lot and smell really good.
In these few days, we tried some restaurants in town. Personally, we like the Ikan Bakar Pari (grilled fish) at T&L food centre and breakfast at Yi soon restaurant. There is a highly recommended Alor Akar restaurant. We tried that, the herbal chicken was good but others were so-so only.
Phew~ finally back to home around 5pm. I fell asleep around 9pm because long hours drive but it was a fun trip for us!
Happy New Year 2018 to everyone! Have a great year~
No comments:
Post a Comment